First batch of Amarnath pilgrims to leave on June
Jammu: The first batch of pilgrims from Jammu will leave for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas on June 3 when the annual Yatra commence from the next day, the VHP said here on Friday.
VHP state chief Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here that thousands of `Shiv Bhakts` will come to Jammu from all parts of the country on June 2 and will move to the holy cave of Baba Amarnath the following day.
"In a meeting of all social, political and religious parties today at Jammu, the decision was taken to start the religious trip from June 4, the day of Jyeshtha Purnima", Dubey said.
The VHP leader, however, expressed his annoyance over the reduction in the time period of Amarnath Yatra.
In 2004 the religious trip was for 60 days, but now the period has been cut short to 39 days only, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’