First batch of Amarnath pilgrims to leave on June
Jammu: The first batch of pilgrims from Jammu will leave for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas on June 3 when the annual Yatra commence from the next day, the VHP said here on Friday.
VHP state chief Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here that thousands of `Shiv Bhakts` will come to Jammu from all parts of the country on June 2 and will move to the holy cave of Baba Amarnath the following day.
"In a meeting of all social, political and religious parties today at Jammu, the decision was taken to start the religious trip from June 4, the day of Jyeshtha Purnima", Dubey said.
The VHP leader, however, expressed his annoyance over the reduction in the time period of Amarnath Yatra.
In 2004 the religious trip was for 60 days, but now the period has been cut short to 39 days only, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda