Heavy firing by Pak troops on Indian positions in Poonch
Jammu: In the second ceasefire violation in
three days, Pakistani troops tonight resorted to heavy firing
on Indian forward positions for one and half hours along the
Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir but
there was no casualty, a senior army officer said.
The Pakistani soldiers fired rocket projectile grenades
and used from small arms fire from 7.20pm to about 8.50 pm in
Doda forward area of Poonch in one of the heaviest firings
this year, said Col A Arora of 16 Corps of the army.
The Indian troops returned the fire, he said adding there
was no casualty on the Indian side.
The Pakistani troops had also targetted Indian positions
in Poonch sector last Sunday.
Col Arora said tonight`s firing by Pakistani troops was
one of the heaviest this year measured in terms of the
duration of the action and the weapons used.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says