Heavy firing by Pak troops on Indian positions in Poonch
Jammu: In the second ceasefire violation in
three days, Pakistani troops tonight resorted to heavy firing
on Indian forward positions for one and half hours along the
Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir but
there was no casualty, a senior army officer said.
The Pakistani soldiers fired rocket projectile grenades
and used from small arms fire from 7.20pm to about 8.50 pm in
Doda forward area of Poonch in one of the heaviest firings
this year, said Col A Arora of 16 Corps of the army.
The Indian troops returned the fire, he said adding there
was no casualty on the Indian side.
The Pakistani troops had also targetted Indian positions
in Poonch sector last Sunday.
Col Arora said tonight`s firing by Pakistani troops was
one of the heaviest this year measured in terms of the
duration of the action and the weapons used.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice