Heavy firing by Pak troops on Indian positions in Poonch
Jammu: In the second ceasefire violation in
three days, Pakistani troops tonight resorted to heavy firing
on Indian forward positions for one and half hours along the
Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir but
there was no casualty, a senior army officer said.
The Pakistani soldiers fired rocket projectile grenades
and used from small arms fire from 7.20pm to about 8.50 pm in
Doda forward area of Poonch in one of the heaviest firings
this year, said Col A Arora of 16 Corps of the army.
The Indian troops returned the fire, he said adding there
was no casualty on the Indian side.
The Pakistani troops had also targetted Indian positions
in Poonch sector last Sunday.
Col Arora said tonight`s firing by Pakistani troops was
one of the heaviest this year measured in terms of the
duration of the action and the weapons used.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen