House panel chief wants action taken report on J&K road mishaps
Srinagar: Voicing concern over growing road accidents in Jammu and Kashmir, the head of a legislative panel which looked into the issue today asked the government to come out with a report on action taken over its recommendations.
"The government should come out with a report on action taken over recommendations of a House Committee that was constituted to prepare a comprehensive report on causes and measures to bring down the number of road mishaps in the state," State Secretary of CPI(M) MY Tarigami said in a statement here.
Tarigami, who headed by the House Committee, said over a year has passed since the panel submitted its report, but the government is yet to come out with its action taken report on the recommendations.
"This speaks volumes about the government`s indifferent attitude towards this serious humanitarian crisis," he alleged.
The CPI(M) leader said the recent assurance to the House on part of the Speaker of Legislative Assembly that the government will be asked for an action taken report has also been taken lightly by the government.
"The repeated road accidents in Doda, Kistwar, Ramban and Udhampur districts is a grave concern for all of us.
"It is a situation which demands immediate results and attention of all of us especially the officers of transport, traffic police and Border Roads Organisation to put forward their departmental specific assignment of the causes responsible for causing accidents in these hilly districts," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs