Jammu has presence of 10-15 militants: IG CRPF
Jammu: Asserting that militancy has almost been wiped out from Jammu region, Inspector General of CRPF G J Singh on Wednesday said there are only 10-15 militants present.
"Militancy has almost been wiped out from Jammu region but 10 to 15 militants are still active in twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch. Security forces are at their job to deal with them," he told reporters here.
Singh, however, said that 50 to 60 militants have been moved in launch pads close to the LoC in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), who were desperate to infiltrate into the state.
They have been moved to launching pads to infiltrate them into this side of the border for militancy, he said.
"They will certainly try to infiltrate but we have a multi-grid security apparatus in place. We are fully alert to the situation," he said.
On the recovery of a powerful IED in Banihal recently vis-a-vis ongoing Amarnath Yatra, the IG said it was detected well in time by the CRPF.
Though the Yatra always faced a threat from militants, adequate security arrangements are in place to ensure incident-free pilgrimage, he said.
To a specific query about recent attacks in Srinagar city from where the state government had recently removed bunkers of the security forces including CRPF, Singh described it as a policy decision.
"It is a policy decision but the situation can be reviewed and if needed the bunkers can be rebuilt," he said.
Regarding removal of AFSPA, he said, "there are own views. Army has its view and we have our own."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured