Jammu has presence of 10-15 militants: IG CRPF
Jammu: Asserting that militancy has almost been wiped out from Jammu region, Inspector General of CRPF G J Singh on Wednesday said there are only 10-15 militants present.
"Militancy has almost been wiped out from Jammu region but 10 to 15 militants are still active in twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch. Security forces are at their job to deal with them," he told reporters here.
Singh, however, said that 50 to 60 militants have been moved in launch pads close to the LoC in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), who were desperate to infiltrate into the state.
They have been moved to launching pads to infiltrate them into this side of the border for militancy, he said.
"They will certainly try to infiltrate but we have a multi-grid security apparatus in place. We are fully alert to the situation," he said.
On the recovery of a powerful IED in Banihal recently vis-a-vis ongoing Amarnath Yatra, the IG said it was detected well in time by the CRPF.
Though the Yatra always faced a threat from militants, adequate security arrangements are in place to ensure incident-free pilgrimage, he said.
To a specific query about recent attacks in Srinagar city from where the state government had recently removed bunkers of the security forces including CRPF, Singh described it as a policy decision.
"It is a policy decision but the situation can be reviewed and if needed the bunkers can be rebuilt," he said.
Regarding removal of AFSPA, he said, "there are own views. Army has its view and we have our own."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan