J&K: 75 kg of RDX recovered
Jammu: At least 75 kg of RDX was recovered from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar district, police said on Friday.
"This is one of the biggest recoveries of explosives in Jammu and Kashmir," a Jammu and Kashmir Police spokesman said.
The spokesperson said the recovery was made on a tip that the militants had stocked a huge quantity of ammunition in the mountainous area of Chatroo, about 250 km from here.
About 250 gms of RDX is sufficient to blow up a four-storey concrete building, a police source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest