J&K Assembly rocked by ruckus, PDP MLA slaps Marshal
Jammu: An opposition Peoples Democratic Party MLA on Wednesday slapped a marshal in the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly as proceedings were marred by unruly scenes.
During discussion of the grants of Agriculture Ministry in the Assembly, PDP MLA Syed Bashir, trooped into well of the house over shortage of ration given to migrants.
Speaker Mubarak Gul ordered the assembly marshals to remove the shouting PDP legislator Bashir, who represents the south Kashmir Rajpoora constituency.
As the marshals were taking him out of the house, other PDP MLAS also rushed into the well of the house.
Amid unruly scenes, Speaker ordered their marshalling out of the house too. While marshals were removing them, suddenly, PDP MLA Bashir caught hold of the collar of a marshal and slapped him thrice.
Mehbooba Mufti, PDP Legislative Party leader and another MLA A R Veeri, tried to draw the Speaker`s attention towards the issue but there was no response and they also staged a walkout from the house.
Later, Bashir told reporters,"I was raising the issue of Kashmiri Pandit migrants from Pulwama, who have not received ration this month till now. I wanted to raise this issue in the assembly, but the Speaker did not allow, saying it was question hour."
"It was my responsibility as an assembly member to raise the issue, but they did not listen to me. What is the use of this assembly," Bashir said.
He said that he wanted to make the government aware about the scarcity of the food to them. "This is shame for this house if we come here to eat food on token given by the house and not raise the public issue," he added. As a mark of the protest, PDP MLAS did not return to the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read