J&K coalition government stands united: NC
Jammu: Rubbishing Opposition`s claim of
differences in the NC-Congress coalition, an aide of Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah today said the two allies were united
by an "ideological bond".
"National Conference and Congress coalition government
stands united by an ideological bond and is striving for the
holistic development of the entire state of Jammu and
Kashmir," Devender Singh Rana, political advisor to Chief
Minister, said at a public meeting.
His remarks came amid Opposition`s charge that the
coalition government was mired in internal differences.
"It is an inseparable bond between the two parties and
their respective leaderships with the sole objective of
serving the people and ensuring the development of the state,"
Rana made a scathing attack on the BJP, saying the party
has lost its relevance in the state. "It is a party
which has always played with the emotions of the people of the
region by raising communal passions in a bid to divide the
society on the basis of religion," he said.
In a frontal attack on leadership of PDP, Rana said the
party has no ideological base and is frustrated and
is raising hollow slogans.
"PDP is in a habit of making accusations and then not
standing by them," he said.
On the PDP`s allegations of corruption, Rana said,
"National Conference has established State Accountability
Commission and if the PDP has certain specific allegations
they should approach the State Accountability Commission with
proof instead of raising slogans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees