J&K coalition government stands united: NC
Jammu: Rubbishing Opposition`s claim of
differences in the NC-Congress coalition, an aide of Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah today said the two allies were united
by an "ideological bond".
"National Conference and Congress coalition government
stands united by an ideological bond and is striving for the
holistic development of the entire state of Jammu and
Kashmir," Devender Singh Rana, political advisor to Chief
Minister, said at a public meeting.
His remarks came amid Opposition`s charge that the
coalition government was mired in internal differences.
"It is an inseparable bond between the two parties and
their respective leaderships with the sole objective of
serving the people and ensuring the development of the state,"
Rana made a scathing attack on the BJP, saying the party
has lost its relevance in the state. "It is a party
which has always played with the emotions of the people of the
region by raising communal passions in a bid to divide the
society on the basis of religion," he said.
In a frontal attack on leadership of PDP, Rana said the
party has no ideological base and is frustrated and
is raising hollow slogans.
"PDP is in a habit of making accusations and then not
standing by them," he said.
On the PDP`s allegations of corruption, Rana said,
"National Conference has established State Accountability
Commission and if the PDP has certain specific allegations
they should approach the State Accountability Commission with
proof instead of raising slogans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir