J&K Guv reviews Amarnath Yatra arrangements
Jammu: As many as 422 outlets will be employed for the registration of pilgrims for this year`s Amarnath Yatra, scheduled to be held between June 28 and August 21, a senior official of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) said here on Tuesday.
"Arrangements have been made to provide registration counters through 422 outlets for the ensuing Yatra as compared to 276 outlets provided last year," CEO, SASB, Navin K Choudhary informed Chairman of the Board and Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra during a review meeting here today.
"121 Branches of J&K Bank, 50 Branches of YES Bank, 101 Branches of State Bank of India, 100 Branches of Punjab National Bank and 50 Branches of HDFC Bank would be launching registration on 18th March 2013," Choudhary said.
Choudhary added that for the convenience of the applicant yatris, the list of bank branches, format of the application form and format of the Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) have been uploaded on the Board`s website -- shriamarnathjishrine.com.
During the meeting, Vohra told CEO to meet the officials of Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Doordarshan and AIR this week to ensure the early launch of the awareness campaign regarding registration procedure to be followed by the yatris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal