J&K: Senior officials meet victims of Pak firing
Jammu: The Divisional Commissioner along with DIG Jammu Tuesday visited Government Medical College hospital here and inquired about the condition of couple injured in Pakistan firing in Samba district yesterday.
DC Pardeep Gupta, accompanied by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police, Jammu, JP Singh and Principal GMC Dr Anees Chowdhary inquired about the condition of the injured and also interacted with their relatives.
Gupta also appreciated the courage of border residents who shifted victims amid firing to the hospital for treatment.
Kulwant Singh, special police officer and his wife Krishna Devi were seriously injured in Pakistan firing at Chechwal in Samba district when they were working in their fields yesterday.
The DC announced Rs 10,000 relief to each injured from Red Cross.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez