J&K: Senior officials meet victims of Pak firing
Jammu: The Divisional Commissioner along with DIG Jammu Tuesday visited Government Medical College hospital here and inquired about the condition of couple injured in Pakistan firing in Samba district yesterday.
DC Pardeep Gupta, accompanied by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police, Jammu, JP Singh and Principal GMC Dr Anees Chowdhary inquired about the condition of the injured and also interacted with their relatives.
Gupta also appreciated the courage of border residents who shifted victims amid firing to the hospital for treatment.
Kulwant Singh, special police officer and his wife Krishna Devi were seriously injured in Pakistan firing at Chechwal in Samba district when they were working in their fields yesterday.
The DC announced Rs 10,000 relief to each injured from Red Cross.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!