‘J&K spent Rs 565.42 cr without budget provision’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government spent Rs 565.42 crore without making budgetary provisions during the fiscal year 2010-11, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report has found.
The report on state finances for the year ending March 2011 found that this expenditure, Rs 141.64 crore more than previous fiscal, was incurred without any budgetary provision.
"It was noticed that expenditure of Rs 565.42 crore was incurred in 64 major heads of account without any (budget) provision during 2010-11," the report said.
The amount was spent without provision in the original estimates and supplementary demand and without any re-appropriation orders to this effect, the CAG revealed.
An expenditure of Rs 423.78 crore was incurred in 49 major heads of accounts without any provision in original estimates for the year 2009-10.
Giving details, the report said the highest expenditure was Rs 144.43 crore in Public Works Department (PWD), followed by Rs 87.70 crore in Social Welfare department, Rs 77.33 crore in Health and Medical Education department and Rs 32.38 in Planing and Development department.
This was followed by Rs 31.53 crore in Power Development department, Rs 26.42 crore in Rural Development department, Rs 25.69 crore in Industries and Commerce department and Rs 23.50 crore in Agriculture department.
As per the budget manual, expenditure should not be incurred on a scheme or a service without provision of funds, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800