‘J&K spent Rs 565.42 cr without budget provision’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government spent Rs 565.42 crore without making budgetary provisions during the fiscal year 2010-11, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report has found.
The report on state finances for the year ending March 2011 found that this expenditure, Rs 141.64 crore more than previous fiscal, was incurred without any budgetary provision.
"It was noticed that expenditure of Rs 565.42 crore was incurred in 64 major heads of account without any (budget) provision during 2010-11," the report said.
The amount was spent without provision in the original estimates and supplementary demand and without any re-appropriation orders to this effect, the CAG revealed.
An expenditure of Rs 423.78 crore was incurred in 49 major heads of accounts without any provision in original estimates for the year 2009-10.
Giving details, the report said the highest expenditure was Rs 144.43 crore in Public Works Department (PWD), followed by Rs 87.70 crore in Social Welfare department, Rs 77.33 crore in Health and Medical Education department and Rs 32.38 in Planing and Development department.
This was followed by Rs 31.53 crore in Power Development department, Rs 26.42 crore in Rural Development department, Rs 25.69 crore in Industries and Commerce department and Rs 23.50 crore in Agriculture department.
As per the budget manual, expenditure should not be incurred on a scheme or a service without provision of funds, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered