J&K students protest against Chinese incursion
Jammu: A group of Ladakhi students, along with activists of the National Secular Forum, on Sunday held protest in the Jammu University campus against the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh region.
Carrying banners and shouting anti-China slogans, they sought a serious look into the matter by the Centre.
On the night of April 15, a Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector and established a tented post there, highly places sources had said.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men, sources had said. The protesters alleged the recent development is a fallout of the ignorance the region is facing for a long time.
Citing reports, NSF member Vikas Sharma said earlier also, Chinese troops had made similar incursions in 2009 and 2011, and said Indian government should "act fast" to "evict" the PLA Platoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family