J&K students protest against Chinese incursion
Jammu: A group of Ladakhi students, along with activists of the National Secular Forum, on Sunday held protest in the Jammu University campus against the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh region.
Carrying banners and shouting anti-China slogans, they sought a serious look into the matter by the Centre.
On the night of April 15, a Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector and established a tented post there, highly places sources had said.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men, sources had said. The protesters alleged the recent development is a fallout of the ignorance the region is facing for a long time.
Citing reports, NSF member Vikas Sharma said earlier also, Chinese troops had made similar incursions in 2009 and 2011, and said Indian government should "act fast" to "evict" the PLA Platoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP