J&K students protest against Chinese incursion
Jammu: A group of Ladakhi students, along with activists of the National Secular Forum, on Sunday held protest in the Jammu University campus against the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh region.
Carrying banners and shouting anti-China slogans, they sought a serious look into the matter by the Centre.
On the night of April 15, a Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector and established a tented post there, highly places sources had said.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men, sources had said. The protesters alleged the recent development is a fallout of the ignorance the region is facing for a long time.
Citing reports, NSF member Vikas Sharma said earlier also, Chinese troops had made similar incursions in 2009 and 2011, and said Indian government should "act fast" to "evict" the PLA Platoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead