J&K students protest against Chinese incursion
Jammu: A group of Ladakhi students, along with activists of the National Secular Forum, on Sunday held protest in the Jammu University campus against the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh region.
Carrying banners and shouting anti-China slogans, they sought a serious look into the matter by the Centre.
On the night of April 15, a Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector and established a tented post there, highly places sources had said.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men, sources had said. The protesters alleged the recent development is a fallout of the ignorance the region is facing for a long time.
Citing reports, NSF member Vikas Sharma said earlier also, Chinese troops had made similar incursions in 2009 and 2011, and said Indian government should "act fast" to "evict" the PLA Platoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener