J&K students protest against Chinese incursion
Jammu: A group of Ladakhi students, along with activists of the National Secular Forum, on Sunday held protest in the Jammu University campus against the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh region.
Carrying banners and shouting anti-China slogans, they sought a serious look into the matter by the Centre.
On the night of April 15, a Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector and established a tented post there, highly places sources had said.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men, sources had said. The protesters alleged the recent development is a fallout of the ignorance the region is facing for a long time.
Citing reports, NSF member Vikas Sharma said earlier also, Chinese troops had made similar incursions in 2009 and 2011, and said Indian government should "act fast" to "evict" the PLA Platoon.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!
- Try these tricks and increase your phone's speed in just 1 minute
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 25: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- 100 shanties gutted after massive fire breaks out in Andhra slum clusters, fire tenders rushed