Jawan injured in firing by militants
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Thursday injured when militants opened fire at the security forces in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here.
During an ambush laid by the Army on a tip off about the militants presence in Salampura area of Dera Ki Gali belt in the district early today, militants fired at the security troops, defence sources said.
One Army jawan was injured in the firing, they said, adding that the injured has been hospitalised.
Troops has launched a cordon and search operation in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29