Jawan injured in firing by militants
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Thursday injured when militants opened fire at the security forces in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here.
During an ambush laid by the Army on a tip off about the militants presence in Salampura area of Dera Ki Gali belt in the district early today, militants fired at the security troops, defence sources said.
One Army jawan was injured in the firing, they said, adding that the injured has been hospitalised.
Troops has launched a cordon and search operation in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone