JKLF takes umbrage at Geelani`s remarks
Srinagar: Differences came to the fore among separatists as Mohammad Yasin Malik-led JKLF on Sunday took exception to Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s remarks that Jammu and Kashmir could not survive as an independent country.
"We respect every leader and the party associated with the on-going movement in Kashmir. But, we request the leaders not to issue statements which can lead to chaos and confusion among the people," several JKLF leaders said in a statement here.
The leaders, without mentioning Geelani, were reacting to his interview to a private news channel yesterday in which he had said Jammu and Kashmir would have to accede either to Pakistan or India as it could not survive as a sovereign state.
The separatist leaders said there were many countries smaller than Jammu and Kashmir in terms of resources, area and population which had survived. This is for the first time during the current unrest in the Valley that separatist leaders have publicly voiced their differences over resolution of the Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof