JKNPP demands dismissal of J&K govt over attack on Army
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) condemned the attack on an Army convoy in Srinagar on Monday and demanded that the Centre should immediately dismiss the Omar Abdullah-led state government.
"Congress in Delhi should decide whether to prefer National Conference and Omar Abdullah over national interest," JKNPP patron Bhim Singh said in a statement.
"National Conference government has conspired against the visit of the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi to the state," he alleged.
Singh, said JKNPP will hold a dharna at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on June 27 demanding President`s Rule in Jammu and Kashmir in the greater national interest.
Eight army personnel were killed and 19 others injured when militants opened fire on an Army convoy in Srinagar today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you