JKNPP rejects Justice Sagir`s report, calls it as anti-people
Jammu: Rejecting the recommendations of
Prime Minister`s Working Group on Centre-state relations,
Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today called
the report as "rubbished, outdated and anti-people".
"It has been managed at the behest of National
Conference (NC) to justify its election manifesto," JKNPP
president Bhim Singh said after holding an emergency meeting
"The report in the first instance should have been
presented to the Prime Minister`s Office as this group was
appointed by him with clear terms and conditions that it shall
prepare a report on Centre-state relations after having a
detailed and in-depth discussion with the representatives of
different political parties, a release issued by JKNPP said.
The group constituted in 2005 did not meet since
September 2007 inspite of the repeated requests by the
members, the JKNPP pointed out.
The JKNPP said the group had not jurisdiction to talk
about delimitation by holding the view point of NC and
Congress on number of assembly members.
The matter is sub judice as it is under the
consideration of Supreme Court of India in a petition filed
by JKNPP, it said and added that Justice Sagir has committed
the contempt of Supreme Court by pre-judging the matter to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik