Kashmir gets slight respite from cold conditions
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley Tuesday got a slight respite from cold wave conditions as the minimum temperature appreciated by couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, a MET official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance