Kashmir gets slight respite from cold conditions
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley Tuesday got a slight respite from cold wave conditions as the minimum temperature appreciated by couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, a MET official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan