Kashmir gets slight respite from cold conditions
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley Tuesday got a slight respite from cold wave conditions as the minimum temperature appreciated by couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, a MET official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured