Kashmir gets slight respite from cold conditions
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley Tuesday got a slight respite from cold wave conditions as the minimum temperature appreciated by couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, a MET official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands