Kashmir gets slight respite from cold conditions
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley Tuesday got a slight respite from cold wave conditions as the minimum temperature appreciated by couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, a MET official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco