Kashmir legislators seek action against top bureaucrat
Jammu: Opposition members were Tuesday joined by the treasury benches in staging a walkout from the Jammu and Kashmir assembly, as they demanded action against a bureaucrat who allegedly misbehaved with a legislator a day earlier.
As soon as the house assembled in the morning for the day`s sitting, Bharatiya Janata Party legislator Lal Chand was on his feet and started narrating how he was "humiliated" Monday by RK Jerath, principal secretary for health and medical education. He was supported by members cutting across party lines.
All of them in unison demanded that action should be taken against the officer and staged a noisy walkout.
With almost all members walking out, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone adjourned the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?