‘Kashmir to raise KPs` issue during J-K Assembly session`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Wednesday said that during the forthcoming autumn session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, it will intensify its agitation in support of the Kashmiri Pandits` demand for a hike in their monthly relief.
The autumn session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature will commence on October 1.
"There is a need to intensify the agitation during the forthcoming Assembly session in Kashmir to pressurise the government for fulfilling the demand of hike in monthly relief for the displaced community," said organisation`s president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo.
He said the existing cash relief has become grossly inadequate to meet even the minimum requirements.
"The demand for enhancement of relief is very just and rightful," he said.
Currently, each displaced Kashmiri Pandit family receives a monthly assistance of Rs 1,200 per member, with the total amount of relief not exceeding Rs 5,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users