‘Kashmir to raise KPs` issue during J-K Assembly session`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Wednesday said that during the forthcoming autumn session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, it will intensify its agitation in support of the Kashmiri Pandits` demand for a hike in their monthly relief.
The autumn session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature will commence on October 1.
"There is a need to intensify the agitation during the forthcoming Assembly session in Kashmir to pressurise the government for fulfilling the demand of hike in monthly relief for the displaced community," said organisation`s president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo.
He said the existing cash relief has become grossly inadequate to meet even the minimum requirements.
"The demand for enhancement of relief is very just and rightful," he said.
Currently, each displaced Kashmiri Pandit family receives a monthly assistance of Rs 1,200 per member, with the total amount of relief not exceeding Rs 5,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown