‘Kashmir to raise KPs` issue during J-K Assembly session`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Wednesday said that during the forthcoming autumn session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, it will intensify its agitation in support of the Kashmiri Pandits` demand for a hike in their monthly relief.
The autumn session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature will commence on October 1.
"There is a need to intensify the agitation during the forthcoming Assembly session in Kashmir to pressurise the government for fulfilling the demand of hike in monthly relief for the displaced community," said organisation`s president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo.
He said the existing cash relief has become grossly inadequate to meet even the minimum requirements.
"The demand for enhancement of relief is very just and rightful," he said.
Currently, each displaced Kashmiri Pandit family receives a monthly assistance of Rs 1,200 per member, with the total amount of relief not exceeding Rs 5,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport