‘Kashmir to raise KPs` issue during J-K Assembly session`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Wednesday said that during the forthcoming autumn session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, it will intensify its agitation in support of the Kashmiri Pandits` demand for a hike in their monthly relief.
The autumn session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature will commence on October 1.
"There is a need to intensify the agitation during the forthcoming Assembly session in Kashmir to pressurise the government for fulfilling the demand of hike in monthly relief for the displaced community," said organisation`s president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo.
He said the existing cash relief has become grossly inadequate to meet even the minimum requirements.
"The demand for enhancement of relief is very just and rightful," he said.
Currently, each displaced Kashmiri Pandit family receives a monthly assistance of Rs 1,200 per member, with the total amount of relief not exceeding Rs 5,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!