‘Kashmir to raise KPs` issue during J-K Assembly session`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Wednesday said that during the forthcoming autumn session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, it will intensify its agitation in support of the Kashmiri Pandits` demand for a hike in their monthly relief.
The autumn session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature will commence on October 1.
"There is a need to intensify the agitation during the forthcoming Assembly session in Kashmir to pressurise the government for fulfilling the demand of hike in monthly relief for the displaced community," said organisation`s president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo.
He said the existing cash relief has become grossly inadequate to meet even the minimum requirements.
"The demand for enhancement of relief is very just and rightful," he said.
Currently, each displaced Kashmiri Pandit family receives a monthly assistance of Rs 1,200 per member, with the total amount of relief not exceeding Rs 5,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!