Kashmir Valley receives season`s first snowfall
Srinagar: Kashmir valley received its first snowfall of the season in the upper reaches of Leh and Gulmarg tourist resort and in some higher reaches of the valley.
The minimum temperature in Leh area of Ladakh division fell to minus 1.8 degrees Celsius last night, while in Gulmarg the mercury dipped to minus 0.2 degrees Celsius, a MeT Department spokesperson said, adding the night temperature in remaining parts of the valley was above freezing point by three to five degrees.
The higher reaches of Gulmarg received the first snowfall of this winter, resulting in slight drop in day temperature across the Valley.
The Met department spokesman forecast a dry and pleasant weather during the next few days across Kashmir.
The cold wave in Kashmir and Ladakh regions of the state have set in earlier than expected due to intermittent downpour over the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?