Kashmir Valley receives season`s first snowfall
Srinagar: Kashmir valley received its first snowfall of the season in the upper reaches of Leh and Gulmarg tourist resort and in some higher reaches of the valley.
The minimum temperature in Leh area of Ladakh division fell to minus 1.8 degrees Celsius last night, while in Gulmarg the mercury dipped to minus 0.2 degrees Celsius, a MeT Department spokesperson said, adding the night temperature in remaining parts of the valley was above freezing point by three to five degrees.
The higher reaches of Gulmarg received the first snowfall of this winter, resulting in slight drop in day temperature across the Valley.
The Met department spokesman forecast a dry and pleasant weather during the next few days across Kashmir.
The cold wave in Kashmir and Ladakh regions of the state have set in earlier than expected due to intermittent downpour over the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price