Kashmir`s top cardiologist succumbs to bullet wounds in AIIMS
New Delhi: After battling for life for a month, eminent cardiologist from Kashmir Dr Sheikh Jalal-ud-din died at AIIMS here Saturday morning.
He was 64.
Jalal was the former director of the prestigious Shere-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) in Soura, and he was shot by militants near his residence at Namblabal in Pampore on July 18.
While Jalal`s two police guards had died on the spot, the cardiologist was hit by a bullet in the left eye and was rushed to Soura medical institute in a critical condition, before being flown in to AIIMS here in an air ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured