Kashmir`s top cardiologist succumbs to bullet wounds in AIIMS
New Delhi: After battling for life for a month, eminent cardiologist from Kashmir Dr Sheikh Jalal-ud-din died at AIIMS here Saturday morning.
He was 64.
Jalal was the former director of the prestigious Shere-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) in Soura, and he was shot by militants near his residence at Namblabal in Pampore on July 18.
While Jalal`s two police guards had died on the spot, the cardiologist was hit by a bullet in the left eye and was rushed to Soura medical institute in a critical condition, before being flown in to AIIMS here in an air ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM