KPs inalienable part of Kashmiri society: JKLF
Srinagar: Describing migrant Pandits as
an important and inalienable part of the Kashmiri society, the
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front today said it would hold a
conference here next month to encourage them to return to the
The JKLF is organising a one-day conference "Return of
Kashmiri Pandit Brethern To Their Homes" in the third week of
April, party chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said.
Kashmiri Pandits, intellectuals, students and other
sections of society are likely to attend the conference, he
said adding the dates for the event will be announced in the
next few days.
Malik said the JKLF has always expressed its concern on
the condition of Kashmiri Pandits and has made attempts in the
past to encourage them to return to their homes.
The purpose of holding the conference next month is the
same, the separatist leader said describing Pandits as "an
important and inalienable part of the Kashmir society".
A 3-member delegation of the Amnesty International,
on a week long visit to the Valley, called on Malik at his
party headquarters at Maisuma.
The JKLF head briefed the delegation about the human
rights situation in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH