Lashker`s OGW network has suffered major setback in Doda: Army
Jammu: Militant group Lashker-e-Toiba has
suffered a major setback in Doda district with the arrest of
its 19 over ground workers (OGWs) in the month of May, a
senior Army officer said on Tuesday.
"The LeT has suffered a major setback in Doda. During
combing operations against the outfit`s over ground apparatus,
19 OGWs were arrested during this month in the district," the
Army officer said.
Most of the arrested OGWs were associated with LeT`s
district commander Habib Gujjar alias Salman, who is injured
and evading army troops, he said.
Of the 19 arrested Lashker sympathisers, one of the
apprehended OGW is a woman, the officer said.
Several top commanders and cadres of the banned outfit
were also killed in Kishtwar, Doda and Poonch, he said, adding
that militants and their leaders are under pressure due to the
intensified joint-operations launched by Army and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj