Lawyers continue strike in Jammu
Jammu: Protesting against transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department, lawyers on Saturday suspended their work in various courts here on the seventh consecutive day today.
The lawyers, who assembled at the High Court complex, held protest demonstration and demanded rollback on the decision.
A strike called by Bar Association of Jammu (BAJ) to protest against the transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department has entered the 7th day. They are also protesting against the diversion of lawyers` quota in
the direct recruitment to higher judicial services.
"The strike will continue till December 7 and further decision would take in General House meeting in this direction. The agitation would be intensified as government has totally turned a deaf ear to week-long strike," BAJ
president BS Salathia told reporters here today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know