Lawyers continue strike in Jammu
Jammu: Protesting against transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department, lawyers on Saturday suspended their work in various courts here on the seventh consecutive day today.
The lawyers, who assembled at the High Court complex, held protest demonstration and demanded rollback on the decision.
A strike called by Bar Association of Jammu (BAJ) to protest against the transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department has entered the 7th day. They are also protesting against the diversion of lawyers` quota in
the direct recruitment to higher judicial services.
"The strike will continue till December 7 and further decision would take in General House meeting in this direction. The agitation would be intensified as government has totally turned a deaf ear to week-long strike," BAJ
president BS Salathia told reporters here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre