Lawyers continue strike in Jammu
Jammu: Protesting against transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department, lawyers on Saturday suspended their work in various courts here on the seventh consecutive day today.
The lawyers, who assembled at the High Court complex, held protest demonstration and demanded rollback on the decision.
A strike called by Bar Association of Jammu (BAJ) to protest against the transfer of land registration work from judiciary to revenue department has entered the 7th day. They are also protesting against the diversion of lawyers` quota in
the direct recruitment to higher judicial services.
"The strike will continue till December 7 and further decision would take in General House meeting in this direction. The agitation would be intensified as government has totally turned a deaf ear to week-long strike," BAJ
president BS Salathia told reporters here today.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met