LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes
Jammu: A terrorist of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group was killed by security forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday morning, but a top commander managed to escape, police said.
A joint party of the Jammu and Kashmir Police and the army raided a hideout of LeT commander Salman in Bharath area of the mountainous Doda district, about 200 km northeast of Jammu.
One militant was killed in the ensuing gunfight, a police officer said over phone.
However, the commander managed to escape, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards