LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes
Jammu: A terrorist of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group was killed by security forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday morning, but a top commander managed to escape, police said.
A joint party of the Jammu and Kashmir Police and the army raided a hideout of LeT commander Salman in Bharath area of the mountainous Doda district, about 200 km northeast of Jammu.
One militant was killed in the ensuing gunfight, a police officer said over phone.
However, the commander managed to escape, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees