LeT`s chief coordinator held in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander was arrested on Monday by security forces from Baramulla district of Kashmir.
Manzoor alias Shams Bhai, the `chief coordinator` of the militant outfit was arrested during a joint operation by Army and police from Pattan area of Baramulla, an army official said.
He said Manzoor was responsible for LeT`s militant activities in Kashmir Valley
A resident of Kupwara district in north Kashmir, Manzoor was active for the last several years and was mainly operating in Sopore and surrounding areas, police sources said.
They said one pistol, two hand grenades and four mobile phones were recovered from the possession of the militant commander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets