Lt Gen Parnaik reviews security situation in Kashmir
Srinagar: Northern Army Command chief Lt General KT Parnaik on Tuesday reviewed the security situation in Kashmir and visited forward posts along the Line of Control in the Valley.
Lt General Parnaik visited forward posts in Gurez, Uri and Gulmarg sectors of the Valley, a defence spokesperson said.
He said the Army Command interacted with the troops at the forward posts and lauded them for their dedication in discharging their duties in hostile weather conditions and inhospitable terrain.
Later, Lt General Parnaik chaired a meeting of top security officials of the state during which he reviewed the internal security in the Valley.
The meeting was attended by General Officer Commanding of Army`s 15 Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash, Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad, Joint Director of Intelligence Bureau and Inspector General of Police S M Sahai.
The Army Command appreciated the high level of synergy among various security agencies operating in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis