Lt Gen Parnaik reviews security situation in Kashmir
Srinagar: Northern Army Command chief Lt General KT Parnaik on Tuesday reviewed the security situation in Kashmir and visited forward posts along the Line of Control in the Valley.
Lt General Parnaik visited forward posts in Gurez, Uri and Gulmarg sectors of the Valley, a defence spokesperson said.
He said the Army Command interacted with the troops at the forward posts and lauded them for their dedication in discharging their duties in hostile weather conditions and inhospitable terrain.
Later, Lt General Parnaik chaired a meeting of top security officials of the state during which he reviewed the internal security in the Valley.
The meeting was attended by General Officer Commanding of Army`s 15 Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash, Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad, Joint Director of Intelligence Bureau and Inspector General of Police S M Sahai.
The Army Command appreciated the high level of synergy among various security agencies operating in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic