Lt Gen Parnaik reviews security situation in Kashmir
Srinagar: Northern Army Command chief Lt General KT Parnaik on Tuesday reviewed the security situation in Kashmir and visited forward posts along the Line of Control in the Valley.
Lt General Parnaik visited forward posts in Gurez, Uri and Gulmarg sectors of the Valley, a defence spokesperson said.
He said the Army Command interacted with the troops at the forward posts and lauded them for their dedication in discharging their duties in hostile weather conditions and inhospitable terrain.
Later, Lt General Parnaik chaired a meeting of top security officials of the state during which he reviewed the internal security in the Valley.
The meeting was attended by General Officer Commanding of Army`s 15 Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash, Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad, Joint Director of Intelligence Bureau and Inspector General of Police S M Sahai.
The Army Command appreciated the high level of synergy among various security agencies operating in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'