Lt Gen Saha meets J&K Guv; apprises on infiltration bids
Srinagar: General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 corps Lt Gen Subrata Saha today called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here and briefed him about the recent attempts by militants to infiltrate into the Valley from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
"Lt Gen Saha called on the Governor at the Raj Bhavan and briefed him about the recent attempts at infiltration from across the Line of Control (LoC)," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
Army troops foiled several infiltration attempts in Kupwara district of north Kashmir over the past fortnight, killing seven militants. An Army jawan also lost his life during the encounters.
The spokesman said the army commander also discussed the overall security situation with the Governor. He also gave the Governor, who is also Chairman of the Shri Amarnthji Shrine Board, the Army`s inputs about certain aspects of the ongoing Amarnath pilgrimage which is scheduled to end tomorrow.
The 44-day long annual pilgrimage to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas commenced on June 28 and so far over 3.72 lakh pilgrims paid their obeisance at the shrine housing the naturally formed ice-Shivlingam. As many as 43 pilgrims died during the yatra this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad