Militants attack twice in Sopore
Srinagar: Militants hurled two grenades
at an Army camp and opened fire on a police post in separate
incidents in Sopore town of Baramulla district, officials said
The ultras lobbed grenades towards the camp of 22
Rashtriya Rifles at Ganjoo House in the north Kashmir town, 52
kms from here, at around 3.30 pm today, authorities said,
adding that the explosives went-off by the roadside, causing
panic among passers-by.
However, there was no report of any damage to property
In another attack, militants opened fire on a police
post at Warpora in Sopore late last night, a police spokesman
Police personnel returned fire but militants managed
to escape under the cover of darkness, he said.
No one was hurt in the brief gunbattle, he added.
According to police, there are more than 40 militants
are active in Sopore town and adjoining villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women