Militants attack twice in Sopore
Srinagar: Militants hurled two grenades
at an Army camp and opened fire on a police post in separate
incidents in Sopore town of Baramulla district, officials said
The ultras lobbed grenades towards the camp of 22
Rashtriya Rifles at Ganjoo House in the north Kashmir town, 52
kms from here, at around 3.30 pm today, authorities said,
adding that the explosives went-off by the roadside, causing
panic among passers-by.
However, there was no report of any damage to property
In another attack, militants opened fire on a police
post at Warpora in Sopore late last night, a police spokesman
Police personnel returned fire but militants managed
to escape under the cover of darkness, he said.
No one was hurt in the brief gunbattle, he added.
According to police, there are more than 40 militants
are active in Sopore town and adjoining villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional