Militants fire at CRPF men in Srinagar; 7 injured
Srinagar: Seven CRPF personnel were injured in a militant attack in Srinagar early Wednesday.
Reports said two bike-borne militants opened indiscriminate firing on a CRPF vehicle in which jawans were travelling.
The incident occurred in the Rainawari area.
"Seven CRPF troopers were injured in the firing. The jawans were immediately evacuated to hospital for treatment. The condition of two is critical," an officer said.
Authorities rushed heavy reinforcements to the area, which has now been surrounded for searches to trace the two motorcycle-borne assailants who fired at the vehicle.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Hard-line separatist leader, Syed Ali Shah Geelani had called for a shutdown Wednesday to coincide with the alleged rape and murder of two women in south Kashmir`s Shopian town in May 2009.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today