Militants target security forces convoy in Srinagar; 1 injured
Zee News Bureau
Srinagar: Two scooter-borne militants opened fire on a convoy of security forces in Sanat Nagar on the outskirts of the city on Saturday afternoon.
The terrorist organisation - Shohada Brigade - is believed to be responsible for the attack.
"Our two men carried out the attack on Army at Sanat Nagar in Srinagar," a person introducing himself as Shamsul Haq, spokesman of the group, told agencies on phone.
Also Read: Suspected terrorists spotted in J&K`s Kathua district
The militants opened fire on vehicles of the security forces between Sanat Nagar and Hyderpora bypass road this afternoon, official sources said.
They said a civilian was injured in the brief firing.
The whole area was cordoned off and a hunt was launched to nab the militants involved in the firing. However, the security forces could not trace any terrorist and declared the search operation over.
On September 26, three terrorists had stormed a police station and then an army camp in Jammu region, killing 10 people including an army officer in twin `fidayeen` attacks after they sneaked in from across the border.
Six persons, including four policemen, were killed in the `fidayeen`(suicide) strike on the police station in Hiranagar in Kathua close to International Border(IB) by the terrorists while four army personnel including a Lt Colonel died in the attack on Samba camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling