Militants target security forces convoy in Srinagar; 1 injured
Zee News Bureau
Srinagar: Two scooter-borne militants opened fire on a convoy of security forces in Sanat Nagar on the outskirts of the city on Saturday afternoon.
The terrorist organisation - Shohada Brigade - is believed to be responsible for the attack.
"Our two men carried out the attack on Army at Sanat Nagar in Srinagar," a person introducing himself as Shamsul Haq, spokesman of the group, told agencies on phone.
Also Read: Suspected terrorists spotted in J&K`s Kathua district
The militants opened fire on vehicles of the security forces between Sanat Nagar and Hyderpora bypass road this afternoon, official sources said.
They said a civilian was injured in the brief firing.
The whole area was cordoned off and a hunt was launched to nab the militants involved in the firing. However, the security forces could not trace any terrorist and declared the search operation over.
On September 26, three terrorists had stormed a police station and then an army camp in Jammu region, killing 10 people including an army officer in twin `fidayeen` attacks after they sneaked in from across the border.
Six persons, including four policemen, were killed in the `fidayeen`(suicide) strike on the police station in Hiranagar in Kathua close to International Border(IB) by the terrorists while four army personnel including a Lt Colonel died in the attack on Samba camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you