Missing boy found murdered, locals protest in J&K
Jammu: An eight-year-old boy, who went missing, was found brutally murdered in Rajouri town on Tuesday, triggering protests by local people.
Shalik Manzoor was found murdered at in an under-construction building in Rajouri town, about 15 km from here, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latiffee said.
The boy, studying in class II, went missing yesterday while returning from school, Latiffee said, adding his body with serious injury marks was found in a gunny bag.
"It is a clear case of murder. We have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SP Headquarters to crack the case," the SSP said.
Meanwhile, as the news of the boy`s murder spread, locals held protests in the town and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know