Missing boy found murdered, locals protest in J&K
Jammu: An eight-year-old boy, who went missing, was found brutally murdered in Rajouri town on Tuesday, triggering protests by local people.
Shalik Manzoor was found murdered at in an under-construction building in Rajouri town, about 15 km from here, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latiffee said.
The boy, studying in class II, went missing yesterday while returning from school, Latiffee said, adding his body with serious injury marks was found in a gunny bag.
"It is a clear case of murder. We have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SP Headquarters to crack the case," the SSP said.
Meanwhile, as the news of the boy`s murder spread, locals held protests in the town and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video