Missing boy found murdered, locals protest in J&K
Jammu: An eight-year-old boy, who went missing, was found brutally murdered in Rajouri town on Tuesday, triggering protests by local people.
Shalik Manzoor was found murdered at in an under-construction building in Rajouri town, about 15 km from here, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latiffee said.
The boy, studying in class II, went missing yesterday while returning from school, Latiffee said, adding his body with serious injury marks was found in a gunny bag.
"It is a clear case of murder. We have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SP Headquarters to crack the case," the SSP said.
Meanwhile, as the news of the boy`s murder spread, locals held protests in the town and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister