Missing boy found murdered, locals protest in J&K
Jammu: An eight-year-old boy, who went missing, was found brutally murdered in Rajouri town on Tuesday, triggering protests by local people.
Shalik Manzoor was found murdered at in an under-construction building in Rajouri town, about 15 km from here, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latiffee said.
The boy, studying in class II, went missing yesterday while returning from school, Latiffee said, adding his body with serious injury marks was found in a gunny bag.
"It is a clear case of murder. We have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SP Headquarters to crack the case," the SSP said.
Meanwhile, as the news of the boy`s murder spread, locals held protests in the town and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill