Missing boy found murdered, locals protest in J&K
Jammu: An eight-year-old boy, who went missing, was found brutally murdered in Rajouri town on Tuesday, triggering protests by local people.
Shalik Manzoor was found murdered at in an under-construction building in Rajouri town, about 15 km from here, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latiffee said.
The boy, studying in class II, went missing yesterday while returning from school, Latiffee said, adding his body with serious injury marks was found in a gunny bag.
"It is a clear case of murder. We have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SP Headquarters to crack the case," the SSP said.
Meanwhile, as the news of the boy`s murder spread, locals held protests in the town and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video