Moderate quake hits Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake, measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale, Monday hit Kashmir Valley but there was no report of any damage due to it.
The quake, the epicentre of which was in Hindukush region of Afghanistan, hit the Valley at 1330 hours, an official of the MET department here said.
He said the coordinates of epicentre were 36.6 degrees north on latitude and 70.6 degrees east on longitude.
There was no report of any damage or casualty due to the tremor so far, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi