Monorail project for Jammu and Srinagar
New Delhi: Speedy Monorail services could become a reality in Jammu and Srinagar if an ambitious plan of Rs 30,000 crores prepared by the state government gets the nod of the Centre.
In his meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here today, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday sought funds for the project which is first of its kind for any Valley region in the country.
Omar asked for Rs 30,000 crore for Jammu and Srinagar for which RITES has prepared a comprehensive plan which includes Rapid and Mass Transport (Metro/Mono Rail) services in the state, a state government release said.
It said the Chief Minister conveyed to the Prime Minister that the amount is beyond the means of state government and the support by the Central Government during the 12th Plan period is essentially required to take up these projects.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane