Monorail project for Jammu and Srinagar
New Delhi: Speedy Monorail services could become a reality in Jammu and Srinagar if an ambitious plan of Rs 30,000 crores prepared by the state government gets the nod of the Centre.
In his meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here today, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday sought funds for the project which is first of its kind for any Valley region in the country.
Omar asked for Rs 30,000 crore for Jammu and Srinagar for which RITES has prepared a comprehensive plan which includes Rapid and Mass Transport (Metro/Mono Rail) services in the state, a state government release said.
It said the Chief Minister conveyed to the Prime Minister that the amount is beyond the means of state government and the support by the Central Government during the 12th Plan period is essentially required to take up these projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere