National Conference backs Omar on appointments
Jammu: The National Conference on Saturday decided to back Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah over "political appointments" that were flayed by the State Accountability Commission.
The ruling National Conference went into a huddle a day after the Commission, equivalent of Lokayukta, issued notice to Abdullah asking him to explain how the appointments were made in the state.
It said there was no sanction from the constitution for the appointments.
Among those who attended the meeting was National Conference president and central minister Farooq Abdullah, party sources said.
The appointments under question included those of Omar Abdullah`s two advisors, Mubarak Gul and Devender Singh Rana, and chairpersons of various government boards.
In all, nine people are affected by the notice given to the chief minister. The nine politicians, some of them non-legislators, were given status of cabinet minister and minister of state.
Abdullah has to reply to the notice March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next