NC demands apology from Mehbooba over controversial map
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference on demanded a public apology from opposition PDP president
Mehbooba Mufti over her party`s controversial map showing
parts of Jammu and Kashmir in China.
"Mehbooba Mufti should come in front of the Kashmiri
people and apologise to them because she has committed a big
mistake by calling a part of Kashmir as a part of China. Such
statements can deteriorate the situation in Kashmir," NC
leader Mehboob Baig said in a statement.
The PDP in a powerpoint presentation on their "vision"
last week had a slide which saw Aksai Chin painted in red and
Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) in green sparking a
controversy and inviting a strong condemnation from Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah who said "gifting away"
of state`s territory will not be acceptable.
Baig, who is a member of parliament, said it is
"unfortunate" that PDP has no knowledge about the "geography
and borders" of the state.
The NC leader alleged that PDP was trying to damage
"the peaceful atmosphere in the state".
"They are also trying to create hurdles in Indo-Pak
peace talks because they are not in power," Baig alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan