‘No plans to reopen J&K Bank branch in PoK’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Bank has not
submitted any proposal to the state government for re-opening
its two branches in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), its chairman
Mushtaq Ahmad said on Saturday.
"In 1947, there were two branches of the J&K Bank in
Muzaffrabad and Mirpur but, at present, we have no plans to
reopen these branches," he told reporters on the sidelines of
a function here.
Ahmad denied submitting any proposal to the state
government in this regard.
He said during the current fiscal, nearly 1500 youths
were provided employment at various levels by the bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks