‘No plans to reopen J&K Bank branch in PoK’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Bank has not
submitted any proposal to the state government for re-opening
its two branches in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), its chairman
Mushtaq Ahmad said on Saturday.
"In 1947, there were two branches of the J&K Bank in
Muzaffrabad and Mirpur but, at present, we have no plans to
reopen these branches," he told reporters on the sidelines of
a function here.
Ahmad denied submitting any proposal to the state
government in this regard.
He said during the current fiscal, nearly 1500 youths
were provided employment at various levels by the bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?