‘No plans to reopen J&K Bank branch in PoK’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Bank has not
submitted any proposal to the state government for re-opening
its two branches in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), its chairman
Mushtaq Ahmad said on Saturday.
"In 1947, there were two branches of the J&K Bank in
Muzaffrabad and Mirpur but, at present, we have no plans to
reopen these branches," he told reporters on the sidelines of
a function here.
Ahmad denied submitting any proposal to the state
government in this regard.
He said during the current fiscal, nearly 1500 youths
were provided employment at various levels by the bank.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 24: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers