‘No plans to reopen J&K Bank branch in PoK’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Bank has not
submitted any proposal to the state government for re-opening
its two branches in Pak-occupied Kashmir (PoK), its chairman
Mushtaq Ahmad said on Saturday.
"In 1947, there were two branches of the J&K Bank in
Muzaffrabad and Mirpur but, at present, we have no plans to
reopen these branches," he told reporters on the sidelines of
a function here.
Ahmad denied submitting any proposal to the state
government in this regard.
He said during the current fiscal, nearly 1500 youths
were provided employment at various levels by the bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!