Omar welcomes Vohra`s second stint in the state as Governor
Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday welcomed NN Vohra`s second stint as Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, terming it a positive initiative for the state.
"Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has welcomed the reappointment of N N Vohra as Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, describing it a positive initiative in the interest of the state," an official spokesman said.
Omar highlighted Vohra’s role during his first term as Governor of the state saying, his advice has always been fruitful and to the best interests of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
Expressing hope that Vohra will continue to guide the government during his second term and be instrumental in the goal of achieving permanent peace and prosperity in the state, the Chief Minister extended his good wishes to the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country