Omar welcomes Vohra`s second stint in the state as Governor
Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday welcomed NN Vohra`s second stint as Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, terming it a positive initiative for the state.
"Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has welcomed the reappointment of N N Vohra as Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, describing it a positive initiative in the interest of the state," an official spokesman said.
Omar highlighted Vohra’s role during his first term as Governor of the state saying, his advice has always been fruitful and to the best interests of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
Expressing hope that Vohra will continue to guide the government during his second term and be instrumental in the goal of achieving permanent peace and prosperity in the state, the Chief Minister extended his good wishes to the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest