Over 80 Shiv Sainiks held during anti-govt protests
Jammu: Over 80 Shiv Sena activists were on Saturday detained after they allegedly violated prohibitory orders and clashed with police while trying to head towards
civil secretariat to stage protest against price rise.
Activists of Shiv Sena led by its state unit president Ashok Gupta, who were shouting anti-government slogans, started a march from City Chowk, officials said.
As they reached Shalimar area where Section 144 of CrPC prohibiting assembly of four or more persons was imposed, police stopped them.
The activists clashed with the policemen who used batons to disperse them, they said.
Over 80 protesters including Gupta were detained and taken to District Police Lines (DPL), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical