Over 80 Shiv Sainiks held during anti-govt protests
Jammu: Over 80 Shiv Sena activists were on Saturday detained after they allegedly violated prohibitory orders and clashed with police while trying to head towards
civil secretariat to stage protest against price rise.
Activists of Shiv Sena led by its state unit president Ashok Gupta, who were shouting anti-government slogans, started a march from City Chowk, officials said.
As they reached Shalimar area where Section 144 of CrPC prohibiting assembly of four or more persons was imposed, police stopped them.
The activists clashed with the policemen who used batons to disperse them, they said.
Over 80 protesters including Gupta were detained and taken to District Police Lines (DPL), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city