Over 80 Shiv Sainiks held during anti-govt protests
Jammu: Over 80 Shiv Sena activists were on Saturday detained after they allegedly violated prohibitory orders and clashed with police while trying to head towards
civil secretariat to stage protest against price rise.
Activists of Shiv Sena led by its state unit president Ashok Gupta, who were shouting anti-government slogans, started a march from City Chowk, officials said.
As they reached Shalimar area where Section 144 of CrPC prohibiting assembly of four or more persons was imposed, police stopped them.
The activists clashed with the policemen who used batons to disperse them, they said.
Over 80 protesters including Gupta were detained and taken to District Police Lines (DPL), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred