Over 80 Shiv Sainiks held during anti-govt protests
Jammu: Over 80 Shiv Sena activists were on Saturday detained after they allegedly violated prohibitory orders and clashed with police while trying to head towards
civil secretariat to stage protest against price rise.
Activists of Shiv Sena led by its state unit president Ashok Gupta, who were shouting anti-government slogans, started a march from City Chowk, officials said.
As they reached Shalimar area where Section 144 of CrPC prohibiting assembly of four or more persons was imposed, police stopped them.
The activists clashed with the policemen who used batons to disperse them, they said.
Over 80 protesters including Gupta were detained and taken to District Police Lines (DPL), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win