Pak Rangers hand over body of missing Indian police officer
Jammu: Pakistan Rangers on Thursday handed over the body of a missing Indian police officer to a team of Army and J&K Police at Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu sector.
"The body of sub-inspector Sunil Khajuria was handed over by Pakistan Rangers to a team of Army and J&K Police along LoC at Gigrayal forward post in Pallanwala sub-sector of Jammu district today," IGP Jammu, Dilbagh Singh told PTI.
The body was fished out from river Chenab across LoC in Pakistan area yesterday after Indian authorities informed them about the officer, who was washed away in the Chenab river under mysterious circumstances on July 28 in Akhnoor area of Jammu district.
Khajuria had gone missing after his car was found parked on a bridge near river Chenab close to an army camp. The police registered a missing persons report on a complaint lodged by his family and searched the entire Chenab on this side.
He was posted in the J&K Police after his father was killed in a gunfight with militants in 2009.
Police is investigating whether it is a case of murder or suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof