Pak violates ceasefire again, targets Indian posts
Jammu: In the sixth incident of ceasefire violation in less than two weeks, Pakistan troops on Monday opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector of Jammu district.
"There was firing of several rounds on India`s Pindi Border out Post (BoP) along the International Border in Arnia sector of Jammu district this evening," a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF opened retaliatory fire, he said, adding that the exchange of fire was brief.
This is the sixth ceasefire violation in the last 9 days. On July 11, a BSF jawan was injured when Pakistani security personnel opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector.
On August 7, India had lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over frequent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the International Border in the state.
Nearly 21 ceasefire violations have taken place this year, 51 cases were registered in 2011, 44 in 2010 and 28 in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Incessant rains lash Mumbai; heavy spells predicted in 48 hours
- Over one million sign UK petition for second EU vote
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Subramanian Swamy's reply to Robert Vadra: 'Concentrate on staying out of jail`
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!