Pak violates ceasefire again, targets Indian posts
Jammu: In the sixth incident of ceasefire violation in less than two weeks, Pakistan troops on Monday opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector of Jammu district.
"There was firing of several rounds on India`s Pindi Border out Post (BoP) along the International Border in Arnia sector of Jammu district this evening," a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF opened retaliatory fire, he said, adding that the exchange of fire was brief.
This is the sixth ceasefire violation in the last 9 days. On July 11, a BSF jawan was injured when Pakistani security personnel opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector.
On August 7, India had lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over frequent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the International Border in the state.
Nearly 21 ceasefire violations have taken place this year, 51 cases were registered in 2011, 44 in 2010 and 28 in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof