Pak violates ceasefire again, targets Indian posts
Jammu: In the sixth incident of ceasefire violation in less than two weeks, Pakistan troops on Monday opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector of Jammu district.
"There was firing of several rounds on India`s Pindi Border out Post (BoP) along the International Border in Arnia sector of Jammu district this evening," a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF opened retaliatory fire, he said, adding that the exchange of fire was brief.
This is the sixth ceasefire violation in the last 9 days. On July 11, a BSF jawan was injured when Pakistani security personnel opened fire on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia sector.
On August 7, India had lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over frequent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the International Border in the state.
Nearly 21 ceasefire violations have taken place this year, 51 cases were registered in 2011, 44 in 2010 and 28 in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet