Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: In a fresh ceasefire violation, the Pakistani Army on Wednesday night resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian forward posts, along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, drawing effective retaliation.
Pakistan troops opened fire from small and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Bhimbhergali, sub-sector of Poonch district at around 2040 hours, Defence spokesman SN Acharya said.
The Indian troops hit back, triggering an exchange of fire which went on till late in the night, the spokesman said adding there were no reports of loss of life or injury to anyone.
This is the 19th ceasefire violation along the LoC in September this year, the spokesman said.
"There are over 120 ceasefire violations by Pakistan this year upto September 25", he added. On September 22, the Pakistan troops fired from small and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Mendhar-Balakote sub-sector of Poonch district.
On September 17, two persons, including a BSF jawan, were injured, when the Pakistani Army violated ceasefire and resorted to unprovoked and heavy firing and launched rocket attacks on 7 Indian forward posts along the LoC in Poonch district.
A 40-year old civilian Taj Mohmmad was injured in Pakistan firing in Dera Basi in Mendhar in Poonch sub-sector.
Ceasefire violations were higher this year compared to the last five year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’