Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: In a fresh ceasefire violation, the Pakistani Army on Wednesday night resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian forward posts, along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, drawing effective retaliation.
Pakistan troops opened fire from small and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Bhimbhergali, sub-sector of Poonch district at around 2040 hours, Defence spokesman SN Acharya said.
The Indian troops hit back, triggering an exchange of fire which went on till late in the night, the spokesman said adding there were no reports of loss of life or injury to anyone.
This is the 19th ceasefire violation along the LoC in September this year, the spokesman said.
"There are over 120 ceasefire violations by Pakistan this year upto September 25", he added. On September 22, the Pakistan troops fired from small and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Mendhar-Balakote sub-sector of Poonch district.
On September 17, two persons, including a BSF jawan, were injured, when the Pakistani Army violated ceasefire and resorted to unprovoked and heavy firing and launched rocket attacks on 7 Indian forward posts along the LoC in Poonch district.
A 40-year old civilian Taj Mohmmad was injured in Pakistan firing in Dera Basi in Mendhar in Poonch sub-sector.
Ceasefire violations were higher this year compared to the last five year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today