PDP demands unconditional release of political prisoners
Srinagar: Stressing on the need for creating
conducive atmosphere for establishing lasting peace in Jammu
and Kashmir, Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) today
demanded unconditional release of all political prisoners to
engage them in the dialogue process.
"It is need of the hour that NC led government should
rejuvenate and vigorously pursue the peace process. Releasing
of all political prisoners was must to create conducive
atmosphere for restoring peoples` faith," PDP president
Mehbooba Mufti said addressing party workers at Pahalgam, 100
kms from here.
Ridiculing statements of National Conference leaders for
demanding dialogue with all sections of the society, she said
on the one hand this party has been advocating talks while on
the other government of this party putting all stake holders
in the jails to gag the voice of dissent.
"Such actions of the government speaks about double stand
of the ruling NC", she said adding all sections should be
given opportunity to express their view points through
democratic means and it was possible only if political
prisoners are released unconditionally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31