PDP roadmap for J&K resolution practicable: PDP president
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said her party`s roadmap for resolution of the protracted Jammu and Kashmir issue was clear, practicable and achievable in the present scenario.
Addressing a public meeting at Kilam in Devsar of south Kashmir, she said, "Action in this regard started in 2002 when PDP had only 16 members in the Assembly."
"If PDP gets a decisive mandate in next year`s Assembly elections, the party will carry forward its policies and agenda for resolution, reconciliation and reconstruction with people`s help, leaving no role for discredited politicians," she said.
PDP`s vision was to get the state out of this morass without indulging in hoax slogans and bloodbath, Mehbooba said.
"The party stands for what is practically possible, without emotionally blackmailing people with lofty promises of plebiscite and autonomy," she said adding that any headway towards resolution of the Kashmir issue was impossible without people being fully empowered.
Urging people to elect performance-oriented politicians, she said, in the given circumstances, "A decisive mandate will provide legitimacy to the party`s efforts."
The PDP president said, demand for revocation of AFSPA had become a "digressing tactics and mere slogan for the Chief Minister".
"It (AFSPA) was discussed at the highest level with the Prime Minister when we were part of the coalition in 2007 and a committee was formed under the defence secretary. But things changed with the change of guard in the state," she said, adding that, for PDP it was a matter of conviction not just slogan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview