PDP roadmap for J&K resolution practicable: PDP president
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said her party`s roadmap for resolution of the protracted Jammu and Kashmir issue was clear, practicable and achievable in the present scenario.
Addressing a public meeting at Kilam in Devsar of south Kashmir, she said, "Action in this regard started in 2002 when PDP had only 16 members in the Assembly."
"If PDP gets a decisive mandate in next year`s Assembly elections, the party will carry forward its policies and agenda for resolution, reconciliation and reconstruction with people`s help, leaving no role for discredited politicians," she said.
PDP`s vision was to get the state out of this morass without indulging in hoax slogans and bloodbath, Mehbooba said.
"The party stands for what is practically possible, without emotionally blackmailing people with lofty promises of plebiscite and autonomy," she said adding that any headway towards resolution of the Kashmir issue was impossible without people being fully empowered.
Urging people to elect performance-oriented politicians, she said, in the given circumstances, "A decisive mandate will provide legitimacy to the party`s efforts."
The PDP president said, demand for revocation of AFSPA had become a "digressing tactics and mere slogan for the Chief Minister".
"It (AFSPA) was discussed at the highest level with the Prime Minister when we were part of the coalition in 2007 and a committee was formed under the defence secretary. But things changed with the change of guard in the state," she said, adding that, for PDP it was a matter of conviction not just slogan.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!