‘People forced to adopt agitational path in J&K’
Jammu: Expressing concern over state
government apathy, Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
said Jammu and Kashmir is gripped with unprecedented
crises due to governance deficit and failure of the
dispensation to connect itself with the people.
"The state is gripped with unprecedented crises due to
governance deficit. The government`s apathy and increasing
miseries to the common people are forcing the people to go on
agitational path and this is reflected from the on-going
agitation in Jammu on the demand of making Jammu Central
University functional," senior PDP leaders said in a joint
statement here tonight.
They said: "When Central University has already been
sanctioned for Jammu region, there is no reason to adopt delay
tactics to make it functional."
PDP leaders also took the Congress leaders to task for
maintaining a silence on this issue.
"Congress leadership is equally responsible for the
prevailing situation," they said, strongly condemning use of
force on students agitating for making the University
Signatories of the statement included former MP and
senior Vice President, PDP, Trilok Singh Bajwa, former MLC Ved
Mahajan, former MLA Shanti Devi, Hussain Ali Wafa, and Falail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding