PoK resident attends R-Day function in Uri
Srinagar: A resident of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Thursday attended the Republic Day function in Uri Tehsil near the Line of Control in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Syed Fazal Geelani, a resident of Muzaffarabad, was the centre of attention at the function at Uri, 100 km from here.
Geelani had recently arrived on board Karavan-e-Aman (peace caravan) Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service to visit his relatives.
Meanwhile, Army personnel posted along Kaman Post, the last Indian post along the LoC in Uri tehsil, distributed sweets to their Pakistani counterparts to mark the Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur