PoK resident attends R-Day function in Uri
Srinagar: A resident of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Thursday attended the Republic Day function in Uri Tehsil near the Line of Control in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Syed Fazal Geelani, a resident of Muzaffarabad, was the centre of attention at the function at Uri, 100 km from here.
Geelani had recently arrived on board Karavan-e-Aman (peace caravan) Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service to visit his relatives.
Meanwhile, Army personnel posted along Kaman Post, the last Indian post along the LoC in Uri tehsil, distributed sweets to their Pakistani counterparts to mark the Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees