Postal dept to hold football tournament in Srinagar
Srinagar: Department of Posts will hold an All India Postal Football tournament at Bakshi stadium here in August this year, Chief Postmaster General John Samuel said today.
"For the first time in the history of Postal Services in Jammu and Kashmir, All India Postal Football Tournament will be held in Srinagar. Football teams across India will be participating in the tournament," Samuel told reporters.
The tournament will be conducted in association with Jammu and Kashmir Football Association, he said.
Samuel also announced that India Post will be holding Speed Post Football Tournament, Postal Life Insurance Cricket Tournament and India Post Badminton Tournament during this year.
"All these events will be open to other government departments and institutions also," he informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!