Postal dept to hold football tournament in Srinagar
Srinagar: Department of Posts will hold an All India Postal Football tournament at Bakshi stadium here in August this year, Chief Postmaster General John Samuel said today.
"For the first time in the history of Postal Services in Jammu and Kashmir, All India Postal Football Tournament will be held in Srinagar. Football teams across India will be participating in the tournament," Samuel told reporters.
The tournament will be conducted in association with Jammu and Kashmir Football Association, he said.
Samuel also announced that India Post will be holding Speed Post Football Tournament, Postal Life Insurance Cricket Tournament and India Post Badminton Tournament during this year.
"All these events will be open to other government departments and institutions also," he informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling