Prohibitory orders in Srinagar, exams postponed
Srinagar: In view of prohibitory orders imposed in parts of the city and a shutdown called by separatists to protest the Prime Minister`s visit to the Valley Monday, all examinations scheduled for the day have been postponed.
"All university examinations scheduled to be held today have been rescheduled. Revised schedule will be notified separately", Kashmir University spokesman Showkat Shafi said.
A statement issued by the assistant secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (SBSE) said, "In view of some unavoidable circumstances, the 10th standard bi-annual private examination of Mathematics, which was scheduled to be held today stands postponed".
The examination would now be held on June 23, it said. Government Medical College (GMC), Srinagar, said the practical examination of final MBBS scheduled for today has
been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances and would now be held on June 10.
Apprehending trouble, authorities today brought under prohibitory orders areas falling under four police stations in old city.
Section 144 CrPC prohibiting assembly of five or more persons has been imposed in the areas falling under police station of Nowhatta, Khanyar, Mehrajgunj and Safakadal,
official sources said.
Traffic has been restricted along the Boulevard road stretch from Dalgate to Nishat Garden in view of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit.
Superintendent Police (Traffic) Showkat Hussain Shah said no private or commercial vehicle will be allowed to ply on the road from Badyari chowk to Nishat Garden, a distance of nine kms.
Tour operators have also been asked not to ply on the road stretch and depart from the area before 6 AM and return only after 10.30 PM, Shah said.
He said similar restrictions will be in place tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’