SAC now issues notice to J&K Finance Minister
Jammu: The J&K State Accountability
Commission (SAC) on Wednesday directed state Finance Minister Abdul
Rahim Rather to appear before the anti-graft body on March 6
in connection with alleged irregularities in grant of contract
for preparation of smart cards for Secretariat employees.
SAC panel headed by Chairperson Justice YP Nargotra
issued notice to Rather to appear in person or through his
counsel before the commission on March 6.
The direction came on a complaint filed by an outfit Yuva
Shakti Vikas Mission.
The complaint alleged that Rather facilitated a
multi-crore contract to his son for preparation of smart cards
for the Secretariat employees in gross violation of "codal
Taking suo-motu cognisance of case related to allege use
of unfair means to help the step-son of Congress Minister
Peerzada Mohmmad Sayeed in an exam, the SAC had yesterday
issued notice to him and sought the Crime Branch report.
The SAC comprising of Chairman Justice YP Nargotra and
Justice Hakim Imtiyaz Hussain asked Peerzada to appear in
person or through counsel before Commission.
Terming the appointment of various advisors and
chairpersons to various state corporations as "political
favouritism", the Commission had on February 17 issued notices
to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and others to file their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened