Separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan arrested, taken to judicial custody
Srinagar: Senior separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial remand by a court in Pattan town of north Kashmir Baramulla district.
"Sub-Judge Pattan sent Nayeem Khan to judicial custody and he has been shifted to Central Jail Srinagar," a police spokesman said.
Khan was arrested after police executed a non-bailable warrant issued by the court against him.
The senior leader of moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference was arrested in connection with a case registered against him under Section 13 in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in Police Station Pattan in 2000, spokesman said, adding that the charge-sheet was filed in the court in the year 2008.
The court had issued a non-bailable warrant against Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis