Separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan arrested, taken to judicial custody
Srinagar: Senior separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial remand by a court in Pattan town of north Kashmir Baramulla district.
"Sub-Judge Pattan sent Nayeem Khan to judicial custody and he has been shifted to Central Jail Srinagar," a police spokesman said.
Khan was arrested after police executed a non-bailable warrant issued by the court against him.
The senior leader of moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference was arrested in connection with a case registered against him under Section 13 in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in Police Station Pattan in 2000, spokesman said, adding that the charge-sheet was filed in the court in the year 2008.
The court had issued a non-bailable warrant against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!