Shutdown in J&K to protest restriction over Malik`s Doda visit
Srinagar: Maisuma locality and adjoining parts here observed a shutdown on Thursday to protest the Jammu and Kashmir government`s decision not to allow JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik in the earthquake-affected Doda region of the state and pushing him back to Kashmir.
Shops and other business establishments downed their shutters in Maisuma and Budshah Chowk after Malik`s supporters came out on streets in protest, official sources said.
Supporters of the separatist leader were protesting against the government`s move not to allow Malik to visit the earthquake-affected areas of Doda region from where he was pushed back to the Valley this morning, the sources said.
The JKLF supporters pelted stones at police personnel posted in the area, forcing the law enforcing agencies to use batons to chase them away, they said.
Additional police and paramilitary CRPF have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order, they said.
So far, there are no reports of anyone getting injured in the brief clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday